The world will break your heart ten ways to Sunday, that’s guaranteed. And I can’t begin to explain that or the craziness inside myself and everybody else, but guess what? Sunday is my favorite day again. I think of everything, everyone did for me and I feel like a very lucky guy.Pat Solatano (Bradley Cooper), Silver Linings Playbook
FUCK YOU for cheating on me.
FUCK YOU for reducing it to the word CHEATING.
As if this were a card game, and you sneaked a look at my hand.
Who came up with the term cheating, anyway? A cheater, I imagine.
Someone who thought LIAR was too harsh.
Someone who thought DEVASTATOR was too emotional.
The same person who thought, oops, he’d gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
This isn’t about slipping yourself an extra twenty dollars of Monopoly money.
These are our lives.
You went and BROKE our lives.
You are so much WORSE than a cheater.
You KILLED something.
And you killed it when its back was turned.
That was the thing. You never got used to it, the idea of someone being gone. Just when you think it’s reconciled, accepted, someone points it out to you, and it just hits you all over again, that shocking.Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever
I’ve always resented Hermione, because I wanted to be her so badly and she never seemed to appreciate as much as I thought she should that she got be her. She got to live at Hogwarts and be friends with Harry and kiss Ron, which was supposed to happen to me.Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
- R: How do you know when you mean it?
- C: I guess its a kind of burning itching sensation… but you know, in a good way.
- R: So you think if you would have told Casey how you felt, you two would be together?
- C: Maybe, maybe not. Maybe she just could have said, “thank you”. The point is it’s not some law or equation, you can’t predict the outcome.
- R: Then why go through with it? if all you know is, if it doesn’t work out you’ll be destroyed.
- C: Because what you get when it ends, no matter how it ends, can rock! The truth is I wouldn’t trade my time with Casey for anything.
- R: Even a night with a naughty nurse?
- C: Ah, That would explain the stethoscope.
The important people in our lives leave imprints. They may stay or go in the physical realm, but they are always there in your heart, because they helped form your heart. There’s no getting over that.Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have some say in who hurts you.The Fault in our Stars by John Green